Supervisor, Coil Winding, Laminations,
Magnetics, and Boarding
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the supervisor is responsible for the operations of the department operations in accordance with process instructions and specifications. Responsible for cross training employees and new personnel. Reviews and checks work of all department personnel to ensure work is performed in accordance with production instructions and scheduled due dates. Assists employees with their functions and eliminate any operation difficulties. Responsible for process improvement. Ensures safety rules are followed and ensures the depart areas are kept in a safe, organized and clean condition.
The major duties and responsibilities are:
1. Checks work orders and assigns specific job functions and tasks.
2. Insures work orders are completed on time and issued to stock as required.
3. Insures that employees are properly trained in various assembly operations
4. Provides cross training of employees as appropriate.
5. Insures that the work areas are properly clean and maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
6. Resolves any problems within the department.
7. Maintains product quality standards.
8. Maintains adequate inventory levels; re-orders parts when necessary.
9. Keeps tools and machines in proper working order.
10. Continually seeks ways to improve the work flow and process.
11. Keeps the Production Manager informed of any unusual problems or situations..
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Capable of reviewing work orders and specifications to determine materials needed and types of parts to be processed.
2. Understands magnetics design specs and requirements with the ability to translate them into the production environment.
3. Familiar with wire-coiling machines to wind wire or sheet coils used in transformers.
4. Must have ability to read and interpret winding sheets, drawings, and sketches
5. Knowledge of electrical measurement equipment including Multimeters, Clamp on meter, Power Analyzer, Hi-pot testers, Thermocouple Temperature probes and DCR meter.
6. Knowledge of mechanical inspection equipment including Tape Measures, Squares, Calibers and Micrometer
7. Preform visual and mechanical inspection of magnetic components using manufacturing drawings, work instructions and control plans.
8. Familiar with Globe 3CSA-TW Winding machine, Broomfield Winding machine and Bachi 120 Winding machines a plus.
9. Able to use computer with Windows based operating system to access files and use web based QMS software.
10. Experience with ISO 9001 procedures and processes preferred.
Ability to organize, maintain and control the work flow of the department. Effectively supervise the day-to-day requirements of the department through the effective use of department staff. Effectively communicate and resolve any difficulties that may arise within the department. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with Engineering, management and manufacturing personnel. Some technical training in the operation and maintenance of machines utilized.