The La Marche Model A77 Series Battery Charger is engineered for the demanding requirements of Switchgear, Process Control, Oil Exploration and other DC power applications. Powered by Microprocessor Controlled SCR technology, the A77 Series Battery Charger / Battery Eliminator has ±0.25% DC voltage regulation from no load to full load over the specified input voltage, frequency and ambient temperature ranges. These chargers are available in DC output voltages of 24, 48, 130, and 260 VDC with DC output currents from 6 amps and above. Consult factory for any special input and output requirements not mentioned above. The La Marche A77 charger provides value added features such as AC/DC breakers, easy to read LCD display with text readout alarm LED’s and form “C” alarm contacts. Communication options are available to remotely monitor and control the charger using DNP3, Modbus, IEC 61850 and SNMP protocols. The SNMP option features easier and faster charger setup and configuration using a web browser. Designed to meet NEMA PE5 and UL 1012 safety standards.
IEC 61850 Protocol
Hydrogen Detection Alarm Interface
• Microprocessor Controlled SCR Technology
• A77D - Filtered
• A77DE - Battery Eliminator
• Automatic AC Voltage Compensation
• AC & DC Surge Protection (MOV)
• AC & DC Breaker
• Temperature Compensation - Adjustable (1-5 mV /cell/°C)
• Float / Equalize Mode Switch
• Digital Float and Equalize Adjustments
• Digital Current Limit Adjustment 50 to 110%
• ±0.25% DC Voltage Regulation
• SCR Failure Detection
• Battery Continuity Test
• Load Sharing
• Remote Equalize
• Over Temperature Protection
• LCD Display:
DC Voltage and Current
• Advanced Data Logging (Micro SD)
• LED Indicators:
Float / Equalize
Low DC Current
Overload / Current Limit
Low DC Voltage
End of Discharge
High DC Voltage
High DC Voltage Shutdown
Positive & Negative Ground Detection
• Remote Annunciation Form “C” Contacts:
(See Optional Accessories For Additional Alarm Contacts)
• Alarms Latching / Non-Latching
• Equalize Timer - adjustable from 1-255 hours with five selectable modes of operation (manual, automatic every 7,
14 or 30 days and equalize after sensing a low DC voltage)
• UL 1012, CUL, IBC & ABS
• 5 Year Warranty
• 2 - Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker 65KAIC @ 240VAC / 35KAIC @ 480VAC / 18KAIC @ 600 VAC
• 2 - Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker 100KAIC @ 240VAC / 65KAIC @ 480VAC / 25 KAIC @ 600VAC
• 3-Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker* 65KAIC @ 240 VAC/ 25KAIC @ 480 VAC / 18KAIC @ 600 VAC
• 3-Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker* 100KAIC @ 240 VAC/ 65KAIC @ 480 VAC / 25KAIC @ 600 VAC
• DC Breaker 10KAIC
• Equalize Fan Control Relay
• Reverse Polarity Protection & LED
• Copper Ground Bus Bar
• Lightning Arrestor
• Blocking Diode
• External Temperature Probe 22ft
• External Temperature Probe 100ft
• I.D Tags - White text on black background
• I.D Tags - Black text on white background
• Heat Shrink Wire Markers with Electrical Schematic
• Discrete Alarm Relays
High DC Volts
Low DC Volts
Low DC Amps
Battery End of Discharge
High Voltage Shutdown
• OSHPD Certification Label (consult factory for Anchor Kits)
• IBC Certification Label (consult factory for Anchor Kits)
• IEC 61850 Ethernet
• DNP 3.0 Communications RS232/RS485/Ethernet
• Modbus Communications RS232/RS485/Ethernet
• Modbus RTU RS232/RS485
• SNMP & Web Browser (Ethernet)
AC Input Operating Range Voltage
Voltage range: +10, -12% from nominal
Frequency range: 60 Hz ±5%
(50Hz Consult Factory)
Single Phase Voltages:
120, 208, 240, 480 or 600 VAC
(Tap selectable 120/208/240 on units up to 25 amp output. All other units must specify single input voltage). Consult factory for other voltages.
Three Phase Voltages:
208, 240, 480 or 600 VAC
Consult factory for other voltages.
24, 48, 130, 260 VDC
6 to 500 amps
DC Voltage Regulation Steady State
± 0.25% of setting from no load to full load over the specified input voltage, frequency and ambient temperature ranges.
A77 Battery Charger is equipped with data logging capability on an internal Micro-SD Card. It logs and stores data of Event-Driven and Time-Interval-Driven Events. The charger’s data-log file does not need proprietary software to examine the data; it could be viewed and easily formatted with many popular spreadsheet programs.
Dynamic Response (On Battery)
Voltage transient < ±5% over a step change
in the load from 20% to 100%
Recovery Time < 200 mS
Less than 65dBA at any point 5 feet from any vertical surface of the unit.
Identical La Marche A77 units, when connected in parallel, are capable of sharing the DC load within ±5% for individual unit outputs greater than 5% of the rated output.
Form “C” Alarm Contacts
With optional Communications Card:
• Connect to SCADA System
• Web Monitoring
• Alarm / Notification E-mails
The output current will gradually increase after the charger is turned on, eliminating surges and overshoot.
Electronic Current-Limiting Control Circuitry provides a digitally adjustable limit from 50 to 110% of the rated output current of the charger,
Factory set at 110%.
Single Phase units are equipped with a 2-pole circuit breaker. Three Phase units are equipped
with a 3-pole circuit breaker.
Standard units are equipped with a 2-pole circuit breaker.
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
-40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)
0 to 95% (non-condensing)
NEMA Type 1
Consult factory for other enclosure ratings.
Overall dimensions and weight are listed on the last page. When space requirements are critical, please consult the factory. Case specifications are subject to change.
Floor, wall or rack mounting is available; see enclosure specifications on page 4 for details.
Pretreated with a seven stage iron phosphate wash, sealer and deionized rinse. Then coated with an environmentally safe and durable ANSI 61 gray Polyester TGIC Minite powder finish.
FCC Part 15
IEEE / ANSI C37. 90.1