The La Marche Model A75D/A75DE Series Battery Chargers/Battery Eliminator are engineered for the demanding requirements of Switchgear, Process Control and Oil Exploration to name a few. The A75D/A75DE battery charger is a solid state unit utilizing SCR technology and has ±0.5% regulation from no load to full load over the specified input voltage, frequency and ambient temperature range. The A75D/A75DE series is offered with DC output voltages of 24, 48 or 130VDC with DC output currents from 6 to 100 Amps. These chargers can be powered with 120, 208, 240 or 480 VAC. The current limit is factory set at 105% and is adjustable from 50 to 110%. The battery chargers are designed for dependable operation in harsh environments at temperatures up to 122o F (50° C). The unit is convection cooled and the components are designed to achieve MTBF in excess of 100,000 hours. The enclosures are very versatile. Some units can be wall, floor or rack mounted and others can be wall or floor mounted. See the Case Specifications chart on the other side of the Data Sheet for further details.
• A75DE - Filtered Battery Charger / Battery Eliminator
• A75D Unfiltered Battery Charger
• SCR Technology
• Automatic AC Voltage Compensation
• AC & DC Surge Protection (MOV)
• AC Input Breaker / DC Output Breaker
• Internal Temperature Compensation
• Float / Equalize Mode Switch
• Separate Float and Equalize Adjustments
• Adjustable Current Limit 50 to 110% (factory set at 105%)
• +/- 0.5% DC Voltage Regulation
• Load Sharing
• LCD Display for DC Voltage, DC Current & Alarms
• LED Indicators
Float / Equalize
Low DC Current
Over Load / Current Limit
Low DC Voltage
Battery End of Discharge
High DC Voltage
High DC Voltage Shutdown
Positive & Negative Ground Detection
• Remote Annunction 2 Form "C" Contacts
Summary Alarm ( See Optional Accessories for Additional Alarm Contacts)
• Equalize Timer - adjustable from 1-144 hours with five selectable modes of operation (manual, automatic every 7,
14 or 30 days and equalize after sensing a low DC voltage)
• UL 1012 & CUL (Three phase units pending UL approval)
• 3-Year Warranty
• 2 - Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker 65KAIC @ 240VAC / 35KAIC @ 480VAC / 18KAIC @ 600 VAC
• 2 - Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker 100KAIC @ 240VAC / 65KAIC @ 480VAC / 25 KAIC @ 600VAC
• 3-Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker* 65KAIC @ 240 VAC/ 25KAIC @ 480 VAC / 18KAIC @ 600 VAC
• 3-Pole High Interrupting Capacity AC Breaker* 100KAIC @ 240 VAC/ 65KAIC @ 480 VAC / 25KAIC @ 600 VAC
• DC Breaker 10KAIC
• Equalize Fan Control Relay
• Reverse Polarity Protection & LED
• Copper Ground Bus Bar
• Lightning Arrestor
• Blocking Diode
• External Temperature Probe 22ft
• External Temperature Probe 100ft
• I.D Tags - White text on black background
• I.D Tags - Black text on white background
• Heat Shrink Wire Markers with Electrical Schematic
• Discrete Alarm Relays
High DC Volts
Low DC Volts
Low DC Amps
Battery End of Discharge
High Voltage Shutdown
• OSHPD Certification Label (consult factory for Anchor Kits)
• IBC Certification Label (consult factory for Anchor Kits)
• IEC 61850
• DNP 3.0 Communications RS232/RS485/Ethernet
• Modbus Communications RS232/RS485/Ethernet
• Modbus RTU - Serial Data Port
AC Input Operating Range
Voltage range: +10, -12% from nominal
Frequency range: 60Hz +/-5%
(50Hz Consult Factory)
Single Phase Voltages:
120, 208, 240, 480 or 600 VAC
(Tap selectable 120/208/240 on units up) to 25 amps output. All other units must specify single input voltage
Three Phase Voltages:
208, 240, 480 or 600 VAC
24, 48 & 130 VDC
6 to 500 amps
DC Voltage Regulation Steady-State
+/- 0.5% of setting from no load to full load over the specified input voltage, frequency and ambient temperature ranges.
Dynamic Response (On Battery)
Maximum Voltage Transient will not exceed +/- 5% of initial steady-state voltage for a step change from 20 to 100% of the full rated load. Recovery to steady-state voltage regulation does not exceed 200ms and all transient behavior disappears within 500ms.
Less than 65dBA at any point 5 feet from any vertical surface of the enclosure
Load sharing terminal located inside of unit. When connected, identical La Marche A75D/DE units are forced to share the load within +/- 5% for individual unit outputs greater than 15% of the rated output.
The output current will gradually increase after the charger is turned on, eliminating surges and overshoot.
Electronic current limiting control circuitry provides for an adjustable value of 50 to 110% of the rated output current. Factory set at 105%.
Single Phase units are equipped with a 2-pole circuit breaker (10KAIC @ up to 240VAC / 14KAIC 480 / 600 VAC).
Three Phase units are equipped with a 3-pole circuit breaker. (10KAIC @ up to240VAC / 5KAIC 480 / 600 VAC).
Standard units are equipped with a 2-pole circuit breaker. (7.5KAIC @ 24/48VDC & 5KAIC @ 130VDC).
0 to 50° C (32 to 122° F)
-40 to 85° C (-40 to 185° F)
0 to 95% (non-condensing)
Overall dimensions and weights are listed on the last page. Case specifications are subject to change due to innovative product development and design. When space requirements are critical, please consult the factory.
Floor, wall or rack mounting is available; see case specifications on page 4 for details.
Pretreated with three step iron phosphate wash and deionized rinse. Finished with environmentally safe water based ANSI 61 gray baked enamel.