R & D TEST TECHNICIAN
Provides electronic testing and trouble shooting skills to determine the cause of product and component failure. Provides support to Engineers on product assembly and testing. Assists engineers with fabricating and assembling electronics subassemblies for prototype models from schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instruction. May perform calibrations check and troubleshoot an electronics system to determine cause and remedy for malfunctions. May conduct routine engineering tests and detailed testing, solving mechanical and/or electronics problems involved in the operation of the product:
1. Performs a wide variety of difficult and critical tests on assigned projects for prototypes, competitor products and spot testing of manufactured products or components.
2. Sets up test equipment and products in proper sequence. Conducts tests for stated criteria according to product specifications.
3. Tests returned products, components, or material from the field and/or other departments.
4. Supports Engineers as needed for prototyping, etc.
5. Resolves production testing difficulties as needed.
6. Records data for evaluation by Engineers.
7. Analyzes results and recommends possible improvements to products or components.
8. Notes deviations in performance not anticipated or indicated in test procedures.
9. Sets up test procedures.
10. Designs and implements test fixtures as needed to test products.
11. Works with minimal supervision; cooperates effectively with other department personnel.
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Requires a minimum of an Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering and 1 to 3 years related work experience. All applicants must pass math and reading tests, drug test and background check.
La Marche Manufacturing is a privately held and profitable company, with 106 employees, continuously doing business since 1945. We are located in Des Plaines, a near northwest suburb of Chicago, near O’Hare Airport. We manufacture industrial battery chargers, power supplies and power conversion equipment for material handling, engine start, aviation, marine, mining, telecom, utility and the railroad industries. We are ISO 901-2008 Certified.
We offer a good wage and benefits package including: Health and Dental Insurances: PPO/HMO, free Life and STD insurance, 401k Plan, etc.
NOTE: Please send your resume in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org Do not password protect your resume when sending to the email address. Resumes that are sent which are password protected or non-PDF format will not be accepted and disregarded automatically.